Continuing Education Courses
Earn your continuing education credits and “Certificate of Advanced Achievement” at the same time!
List of Courses Offered:
- Anatomy and Physiology A: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
NSCI106A Human Anatomy and Physiology A (4 units): This course is designed to introduce foundational concepts in human anatomy and physiology. Topics include: language of anatomy and physiology, basic biochemistry, cytology, cellular metabolism, histology, and the primary bodily systems that oversee support and movement of the body. Each system is studied in such a way that the student will get an integrative perspective on the system, how it functions and how it adapts to the stress of exercise. Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Anatomy and Physiology (A)
Course fee: $220
- Anatomy and Physiology B: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
NSCI106B Human Anatomy and Physiology B (4 units): This course is designed to introduce foundational concepts in human anatomy and physiology. Each system is studied in such a way that the student will get an integrative perspective on the system, how it functions and how it adapts to the stress of exercise. Topics include: the nervous system, the muscular system and the endocrine system. Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Anatomy and Physiology (B)
Course fee: $220
- Health and Performance Assessments: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
KIN114 Health and Performance Assessments (4 units): This course introduces students to the field of fitness training and evaluation for gaining the benefits of regular physical activity in a positive and safe manner. The goal of this course is to present the foundations underlying the study of physical activity and its relevance to fitness. Topics include: relationships among health, fitness and performance; summarization of current evidence regarding fitness and health; screening process for assessing potential fitness participants and recommendations (medical data collection for determining medical referral guidelines and static and dynamic testing procedures, i.e. fitness evaluations/assessments for guiding the development of individualized exercise/fitness training programs).
Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Health and Performance Assessments
Course fee: $220
- Kinesiology for Health, Fitness and Wellness Professionals: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
KIN201 Kinesiology (4 units): This course introduces students to the basics of kinesiology (the study of human movement/motion). The overall emphasis of this course is structural kinesiology – the study of muscles, bones, and joints as they are involved in the science of movement. To a much lesser degree, certain physiological and mechanical principles are addressed to enhance the understanding of the structures discussed. Anatomists, athletic trainers, physical therapists, physicians, nurses, massage therapists, coaches, strength and conditioning specialists, performance enhancement coaches, physical educators, and others in health-related fields should have an adequate knowledge and understanding of all the large muscle groups so they can teach others how to strengthen, improve, and maintain these parts of the human body to enhance and improve normal human movement as they relate to activities of daily living as well as sport performance. This course utilizes the information from anatomy (structure) and physiology (function) to optimize human movement.Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Kinesiology for Health, Fitness and Wellness Professionals
Course fee: $300
- Biomechanics and Human Movement: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
KIN206 Biomechanics (4 units): This course introduces students to the field of exercise and sport biomechanics. The goal of this course is to present the basics of mechanical concepts as it pertains to human movement in a clear, concise, and user-friendly format. Topics include: Force (linear and rotary); motion (linear, curvilinear, rotary, and general); linear and angular kinetics; linear and angular kinematics; work, power, and energy; qualitative analysis to improve exercise techniques, training systems, and decreasing injury rates.
Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Biomechanics and Human Movement
Course fee: $300
- Nutrition Science for Fitness and Wellness Professionals: Certificate of Advanced Achievement
NUTR209 Advanced Nutrition (4 units): Introductory course focusing on the scientific investigation of the nature, role, and metabolism of energy nutrients in human health at all stages of life, including childhood, adolescence, middle-age, and elderly. Emphasis on digestion, absorption, and metabolism of foods and nutrients, and planning dietary intake incorporating necessary macro- and micronutrients for overall health.
Your Certificate of Completion will read: Certificate of Advanced Achievement in Nutrition Science for Fitness and Wellness Professionals
Course fee: $300
Complete your continuing educational requirements from Wexford University and receive these benefits:
- Comprehensive, interactive classes where you will communicate directly with your instructors
- 100% online cutting-edge learning using video, manuals and discussions
- All learning has direct application (not just theory)
- You may begin your continuing education course immediately
- Earn your prestigious continuing education credential
- Your “Certificate of Advanced Achievement” has a very similar appearance as the diplomas awarded for Wexford University degrees.
It will be mailed to you following successful completion of your course.
APPROVALS and RECOGNITION of ALL WEXFORD Continuing Education Courses with Certificates of Advanced Achievement
Each course is approved by the BPPE (Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education) California Education Code 94900 mid/or 94915.
Each course is approved by NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association) 4.0 CEUs
Spencer Institute for Life Coach Training 4.0 CEUs
MMACA (Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Association) 4.0 CEUs
ITCA (International Triathlon Coaching Association) 4.0 CEUs
NSCA (National Strength & Conditioning Association) 2.0 CEUs
ISSA (International Sports Science Association) 24 CEUs
- As soon as you register for the course(s) of your choice below, you will be emailed specific instructions and immediate access explaining in simple terms how to start and successfully complete the course(s) at your own pace.
- There is NO additional application fee, and you do not need to go through the formal application process as degree-seeking students.
Just add your course(s) to your cart and receive instructions on how to begin.
- Once you successfully register, you are not required to login on any specific day or time. The course structure allows for people from any country and any time zone to fully participate in the time frame and schedule that works for you.
- Each course is will take approximately 4 weeks to complete. You are provided with an easy-to-follow and step-by-step process. You may finish the course faster if you like, or take up to 20 weeks to complete.
- Wexford University’s continuing education courses are open to everyone. You are not required to have the same prerequisites as degree-seeking students.
- After completing any number of continuing education courses, you can apply for the degree program of your choice (Not Required, Optional).
Any continuing education courses may be applied towards your degree at Wexford. Contact us for details.
- You can purchase, rent or borrow a textbook for the class. Details will be provided once you enroll. Typical cost for textbooks range from $50-$80 per course.
NOTE: After you enroll in your desired class(es) you will receive an email, containing your Wexford University Online Learning Portal login instructions. You will also be provided instructions for accessing the online student orientation as well as important information on the steps needed to purchase textbook (if required) used for the courses for which you have registered.
You can login at that time and begin your studies.
If you should have any questions, please email our Continuing Education Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.