Important Updates & Information
Provide your details below to stay up to date with Wexford degree programs, certifications and continuing education courses!
A.A. in Fitness Training Program Description
Earning your AA degree in fitness training with Wexford will give you the needed skills to have a successful career as a personal trainer, fitness coach, lifestyle consultant, fitness manager and similar fields.
- The purpose of the AA degree program is to prepare students for an entry-level career in the health/fitness and/or wellness industries. Careers include Personal Fitness Training, wellness coach and group exercise instruction.
- The AA degree is designed to prepare students for higher levels of study, such as BS programs in health, fitness and human performance.
- Students moving on to a 4-year degree (or beyond) will find opportunities in a wide range of career choices, including Exercise Scientist, Sport Psychologist, Kinesiologist, Clinical Exercise Physiologist, Corporate Wellness Director, Physical Therapy and other related fields.
A.A. in Fitness Training Program Objectives:
- Fundamental knowledge of the human body and how it adapts to the stress of exercise
- Understanding of basic nutrition and its importance to health and wellness
- Understanding of psycho-social factors that affect an individual’s ability to achieve health and wellness goals
Courses in the Associate of Arts Degree in Fitness Training
AA 101 Intro to Biology
AA 102 Introduction to College Math
AA 103 Introduction to Language Arts
AA 104 Introduction to Psychology
AA 105 Lifestyle Fitness Coaching
AA 106A Human Anatomy and Physiology I
AA 106B Human Anatomy and Physiology II
AA 106C Human Anatomy and Physiology III
AA 107 Introduction to Nutrition
AA 108 History of Exercise Science
AA 110 Introduction to Wellness Coaching
AA 111 Corporate Wellness Coaching
AA 112 Cultural Perspectives on Physical Activity
AA 113A Exercise Physiology 1
AA 113B Exercise Physiology 2
AA 113C Exercise Physiology 3
AA 114 Health and Performance Assessments
AA 115 Exercise Program Design
AA 116 Injury Recognition and Prevention in Fitness
AA 117 Fitness Management
AA 118 Introduction to Performance Training
AA 119 Weight Management
AA 120 Art of Drawing Human Anatomy
AA 121 Personal Training Capstone