Important Updates & Information
Provide your details below to stay up to date with Wexford degree programs, certifications and continuing education courses!
A.A. in Fitness Training Program Description
Earning your AA degree in fitness training with Wexford University will give you the needed skills and confidence to have a successful career as a personal trainer, fitness coach, lifestyle consultant, fitness manager and similar fields.
– The purpose of the AA degree program is to prepare students for an entry-level career in the health/fitness and/or wellness industries. Careers include personal fitness training, wellness coach, group exercise instruction and many others.
– The AA degree is designed to prepare students for higher levels of study, such as BS programs in health, fitness and human performance.
– Students completing this associate of arts degree will gain the needed skills, confidence and knowledge to help a wide range of individuals and athletes improve fitness, sports performance, general nutrition and overall health and well-being. Students who continue with Wexford beyond this AA degree will gain more advanced skills, a more diverse knowledge base and many more career opportunities.
A.A. in Fitness Training Program Objectives:
– Fundamental knowledge of the human body and how it adapts to the stress of exercise
– Understanding of basic nutrition and its importance to health and wellness
– Understanding of psycho-social factors that affect an individual’s ability to achieve health and wellness goals
Courses in the Associate of Arts Degree in Fitness Training