Important Updates & Information
Provide your details below to stay up to date with Wexford degree programs, certifications and continuing education courses!
BS in Health and Fitness Degree Program Description
– The purpose of the BS degree program is to prepare students for a career in the health/fitness and/or wellness industries. Careers include wellness consultant, health club administrator, corporate wellness director, fitness/wellness entrepreneur and other related fields.
– The BS degree prepares students for advanced degree study with meaningful educational experiences for careers in health, fitness, nutrition and human performance.
– Successful graduates of the BS degree will have a broad understanding of the knowledge, skills and competencies required to be an effective leader in the field of Health Science.
– Students advancing to a graduate degree or professional designation will find opportunities in a wide range of career choices including personal entrepreneurial ventures.
– In general, earning your Health and Fitness Degree with Wexford gives you the perfect foundation for a successful and rewarding career. No other degree program offers you the most directly applicable information for the widest range of jobs, careers or business ventures.
BS in Health and Fitness Degree Program Objectives:
– Comprehensive understanding of the sciences currently applied in the field, such as biomechanics, nutrition, exercise physiology, advanced. program design and sports psychology
– Candidates will be able to utilize a multi-disciplinary approach to enhance health, prevent disease and disability.
– Ability to effectively address conditions related to hypokinetic illness, chronic disease states, special populations, or other health etiologies
Development of analytical and critical thinking skills.
Courses in the Bachelors of Science Degree in Health and Fitness