Personal Trainer Certification
This Personal Trainer Certification is not currently being offered. We’re recommending you earn your certification through NESTA (National Exercise & Spots Trainers Association)
With the Wexford University Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) self-directed online training program, you learn at home, at your own pace. No set schedules, study when you want to; you have the freedom to take your time to ensure you completely understand each concept being taught.
The Wexford University Certified Personal Trainer program includes:
- Online Certification Exam
- Official Online Textbook (downloadable)
- Over 30 hours of Online Lectures, Presentations and Training Videos
- Online Quizzes to Ensure Your Are on Track
- Comprehensive Sports Performance Module
- Extensive Video Training from Wexford University Faculty
- Comprehensive Entrepreneurial Business, Marketing and Career Modules
Advance your career. The Wexford training model prepares you to successfully train a wide range of clients
Direct application. Wexford understands the importance of direct application. All course modules emphasize application over theory.
Financial success. Wexford Certified Personal Trainers learn cutting edge business and marketing strategies, entrepreneurship and brand building.
Module 1 – Kinesiology and Functional Anatomy
Module 2 – Biomechanics
Module 3 – Exercise Physiology
Module 4 – Nutrition
Module 5 – Flexibility
Module 6 – Assessment
Module 7 – Program Design
Module 8 – Exercise Techniques
Module 9 – Sports Performance & Conditioning
Module 10 – Safety, Injury Prevention and Treatment
Module 11 – Special Populations
Module 12 – Business of Personal Training
Module 13 – Career Strategies and Applications for the Certified Personal Trainer (Entrepreneurship)
Module 14 – Exam
BONUS GIFTS: We’re giving you 26 Best-selling books to give you a superior edge as you begin your fitness career.
Book topics include the following: Networking, Sales, Marketing, Success Mindset, Publicity, Brand Building, Trends, Technology, Business Law Made Simple, Social Media, Online Marketing, and much more. You will not be tested on these books. All books are PDF ebook format.
NOTE: You are not tested on the material in these books. It’s just our gift to you so you have the best resources to start a successful career in fitness.
The Wexford University Personal Trainer Certification is approved and licensed by the state of California. You can use your Wexford Personal Trainer Certification in any state in the U.S. and work throughout the world. Wexford graduates work in a wide range of health and fitness centers, gyms, spas and resorts around the world.
Wexford University is a private university licensed to operate by the (BPPE) Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (California Education Code 94900 mid/or 94915). The University was founded in 1999, and has been continuously approved by the State of California to offer certifications, undergraduate and graduate level degrees. School Code: 4306651
Approved for Continuing Education Credits (CECs/CEUs) from the following professional industry associations:
NESTA (National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association) 4.0 CEUs
SI (Spencer Institute) 4.0 CEUs
MMACA (Mixed Martial Arts Conditioning Association) 4.0 CEUs
ITCA (International Triathlon Coaching Association) 4.0 CEUs
NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) 1.9 CEUs
ISSA (International Sports Science Association)
Your benefits of earning your Personal Trainer Certification with Wexford University:
- Earn the most comprehensive personal trainer certification designation available
- Certification has same appearance as Wexford degree diplomas
- Your Certification will state: Wexford University Certified Personal Trainer with emphasis in Sports Performance
- No need to travel to take your certification exam. With Wexford, it’s taken online.
- Take up to 6 months to complete your training. Finish as quickly as you like.
- Wexford offers the only personal trainer certification with a sports performance emphasis
- Learn how to earn a significant income with our comprehensive, business, marketing and career mastery modules
- The credit you earn with your Wexford Personal Trainer Certification is transferable to the Wexford Associate of Arts Degree in Fitness Training and Bachelors Degree in Health & Fitness (optional)
What makes the Wexford University Personal Trainer Certification unique?
- It’s the only personal trainer certification with specialized courses in sports performance and entrepreneurship
- It’s the only certification which includes such extensive training in business, marketing and entrepreneurship from the world’s leading experts
- It’s the most comprehensive training course of its kind, giving you more education, know knowledge and more value
Requirements for you to become a Wexford University Certified Personal Trainer
1. 18 years of age or older
2. High school diploma or GED
Quizzes & Final Exam:
Each module has a “Knowledge Check Quiz.” Each of these quizzes consist of 20 questions. You have 30 minutes to complete each Knowledge Check Quiz.
The final exam is multiple-choice and taken online. You have 2 hours to complete the final exam.
Recertification and Continuing Education Process
Wexford requires each certified personal trainer (CPT) to complete 4.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) over a four year period. Each 0.1 CEU is worth one hour of study time or one contact hour in a live training format.
Now is the best time to secure your future as a Wexford Certified Personal Trainer.
- Enjoy helping your clients get in shape safely and effectively
- Start your fitness career at a gym of your choice, or launch your own personal training and sports conditioning business
- Train general fitness enthusiasts, elite athletes and special populations
- Become a fitness entrepreneur; write a book, start a blog, make exercise videos, get on TV
- Create your ultimate career, enjoy your dream life; live your passion